Friday, September 24, 2010

My Girly Girl

Ashlyn sure loves her big brother Blake. She loves to do whatever he is doing. Whether its playing soccer, watching Star Wars, or playing Indiana Jones on the Wii, she is right there doing it with him. She even wanted to dress up like Batman for Halloween last year. So you can bet that anytime she wants to do something "girly" I get all warm and fuzzy inside. ;)
So here are a couple of Ashlyn's girly events that have taken place recently...
She had the opportunity to go to Cheer Camp with her two most favorite girls in the world (Hailee and Ellie).
The Cheer Camp took place last Saturday (September 18th) at Hillcrest High School. The school's cheerleaders put on the camp for a fundraiser. They had lots of fun. They were taught a cheer and a dance, and were able to perform it for all of the parents at the end of the day.
Here the girls sit and wait for the camp to begin. They were so excited and a little nervous.
Here is Ashlyn at the end of the day, performing what she learned.

I then had to get a shot of her doing a "cheer pose".


Her next girly event took place today. I babysat Hailee and Ellie and decided that instead of just letting them play around the house, we would go on a Girls Day Out. (Hailee had to go to Kindergarten at noon, so it was really only half a day, but still lots of fun!)
I took the girls to the mall, and below you will see what we did there...

Before leaving, I had to get a picture of the girls with a "Sassy" pose.



Once we got to the mall, we took Ashlyn to Claire's to get her ears pierced, YAY! I have been trying to get her to get them pierced, but she was too scared and told me that she would get them done when she is 17. (random, I know!) But a few weeks ago her friend Hailee got her's done. So that changed Ashlyn's mind, and she's been wanting to get them done ever since.

Here, she is anxiously waiting to get them done.


We had to get a shot with her two "besties"


Here, the lady is marking the spot to wear she will pierce them.


The time has come! Look at the terror on her face!


The big girl didn't even cry! Doesn't she look beautiful!!



And of course, a bunch of little girls can't go to Claire's without playing a little dress up!


Then it was home for some pizza before sending Hailee off to school!
I'm so proud of my sweet little girl. She was so brave! I love her just the way she is. Even though I love her girly moments, I love her for her "tomboyish" ways as well!

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Ashlyn is such a pretty girl. I love her gorgeous skin. I just love girls days. I bet they had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete